Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Diigo was really great until it broke the internet.

Diigo was really great while it lasted. It crashed my browser numerous times, and I finally decided to give up.

I think that the IDEA behind many of these tools is really great, but they lack a lot in practice. That's the way innovation goes, and I'm willing to accept that.

Part of the problem with Diigo, I think, is that it doesn't necessarily scale for 20 people using it at the exact same time to do the exact same thing. I saw some people's annotations and even added a few of my own. In the beginning, I thought, "Wow, this is really great! SO much better than iLearn!" I was really getting into it.

And then it broke. Again and again and again.

The same is true for wikis--they're not made for so many people to be working with the same thing at the same time (though I think Google sites might work better at that than wikispaces, but that's not really the point I'm trying to make).

Anyway, I might pull it up later, but I'm going to do the rest of my annotations the old-fashioned way.

No comments:

Post a Comment