I decided against creating an email address specifically for this class for a couple of reasons:
1. I'm lazy and I don't want (yet) another email address
2. Gmail has enough tools to keep things relatively separate and organized
Something I didn't think about until today, though, is my Google Reader. I use reader heavily, and now I have a whole bunch of class-related blogs mixed into my personal reader items (albeit in separate folders).
I'm discovering that it's much different having personal emails mixed into class emails than it is to have personal blog-reading mixed into class-reading. But it's also interesting because it's going to do a lot to mix what I think about in my free time with what I think about in my school time. Seeing someone post something about New Media and literature in the middle of reading a review of the latest issue of Spider-Man makes for an interesting mix of work and play. It's certainly going to prevent me from separating my academic life from my leisure life, which maybe isn't as bad as it sounds.
Maybe this is part of what Manifesto 2.0 is all about: the mixing and intermingling of things so that we can't tell what's work and what's play anymore (among other things).
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment